In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1médula espinal feminine
- The brain and the spinal cord constitute the central nervous system.
- If the upper part of the spinal cord or the brain stem is involved, the patient may develop a bulbar palsy.
- As we know, the nerves of the spinal cord control the body's muscles.
- The recent exclusion of most cow brains, eyes, spinal cords, and intestines from the human food supply may make beef safer, but where are those tissues going?
- Neurons carry messages from the brain to the spinal cord and the rest of the body.
- The potential of stem cells to repair injured spinal cords or brains damaged by Parkinson's Disease is an exciting one.
- This is medicine that goes in around your spinal cord to block the nerve impulses of pain.
- We are restricting specified risk materials, i.e. brains, spinal cords, eyeballs, etc., from animals over 30 months of age from entering the food chain.
- Nerves come out of the brain and spinal cord and take messages to and from muscles, the skin, body organs, and tissues.
- They provide excellent images of the spinal canal and spinal cord and are not associated with this complication.
- The brains, skulls, spinal cords and lower intestines of cattle older than 30 months are the most likely to transmit the misfolded proteins called prions that cause mad cow disease.
- It can result in spina bifida, where the bones of the spine do not completely enclose the spinal cord.
- The scientists then injected those neurons into the lumbar spinal cords of the paralyzed rats.
- The virus then enters the nerve endings and travels to the spinal cord and brain.
- Such changes may narrow the space occupied by the spinal cord and its nerve roots.
- That was hailed as a giant step toward cultivating stem cells that might one day repair or replace diseased organs, severed spinal cords, or brain cells destroyed by diseases such as Alzheimer's.
- From this region, nerve fibres run down in bundles through the substance of the brain into the brain stem and spinal cord.
- The nerve cells bridged the damage and restored the functionality of the severed nerve fibers in the spinal cord.
- The nerves from the lower part of the body join the spinal cord in the lower back.
- The spinal cord threads through the centre of each vertebra, carrying nerves from the brain to the rest of the body.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.