In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1galaxia espiral feminine
- Elliptical galaxies tend to be older than spiral galaxies and the stars within them are thought to be around 10,000 million years old.
- After losing the raw material needed for creating more supernovas, postcollision spiral galaxies become populated with aging stars, as are elliptical galaxies.
- In early 1845, before his telescope was completed, Rosse had resolved his first nebula, discovering it to be a spiral galaxy of stars.
- Late spiral galaxies account for only about 45 percent of nearby galaxies, but they were found to contain almost all the supernovas.
- Inside the three million light-year diameter of the Local Group lie the two largest members, spiral galaxies - the Andromeda Galaxy and the Milky Way Galaxy.
- Telltale patches of blue light are signs of the formation of millions of new stars in the tangled spiral galaxy NGC 7673.
- Spiral galaxies such as NGC 4414, a dusty spiral galaxy, form from fast spinning hydrogen gas.
- Gravitational collisions between small satellite galaxies and big spiral galaxies have long been regarded as possible culprits in the warping of a larger galaxy's disk.
- Four years ago astronomers reported that the spiral galaxy 2.2 million light-years from Earth was inhaling two dwarf galaxies, M32 and NGC 205.
- He has observed high redshift companion galaxies connected to low redshift spiral galaxies.
- By observing infrared radiation from the central region of the Milky Way, astronomers can see through the dust and gas that obscures our visible-light view of the millions of stars in our spiral galaxy's bulge.
- Supernovae appear in spiral galaxies like M81 on average once every 100 years or so.
- Another step forward is to understand star formation in other galaxies, for astronomers readily see active star formation in the arms of spiral galaxies and in the collisions of galaxies.
- These nebulae, now known to be spiral galaxies like the Milky Way, were usually thought to represent the early stages of formation of structures like our Solar System.
- Unlike spiral galaxies such as the Milky Way, which contain many young as well as old stars, elliptical galaxies have expended almost all of their gaseous mass as fuel to build new stars.
- The new Whirlpool Galaxy image shows the spiral galaxy's classic features, from its curving arms, where newborn stars reside, to its yellowish central core that serves as home for older stars.
- They showed us glorious, spiral galaxies and ethereal nebulae - stunning views of places far, far away.
- Large spiral galaxies such as our Milky Way, which are rich in gas, would be rarities rather than the rule.
- Has an isolated black hole captured gas while crossing the disk of a spiral galaxy?
- Firstly, if we consider a spiral galaxy, such as our own Milky Way, or our neighbour, Andromeda, we can measure its mass by measuring how fast it spins.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.