In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nivel masculinenivel de burbuja masculinenivel de aire masculine
- It is used to square the end of a board, mark a 45-degree angle for mitering, and even make quick level checks with the built-in spirit level.
- Bricklaying tools include a hammer, mason's string, a few 10d nails, a trowel, a spirit level, a hand level, a piece of carpenters chalk and a broad-bladed cold chisel.
- Since 1979, vertical deformation around Lake Taupo has been monitored using the lake as a giant spirit level.
- It was something you hammered, chainsawed, sized up with a spirit level, until it was absolutely durable and true.
- By about my fiftieth attempt to make it perfectly horizontal, he raced inside without any explanation, and then came back a few minutes later brandishing his spirit level from woodwork.
- Use a spirit level for this: an uneven patio collects water and cracks.
- You could use him instead of a spirit level next time you're tiling, because he is a perfect plumb-line.
- I think Danny hit him with the spirit level as we were rolling about on the floor.
- Baguley kept a careful eye on the spirit level throughout.
- Last week I mentioned the fact that panoramas can be carried out by any competent photographer with an absolute minimum of equipment - a ‘standard’ camera, a tripod and a spirit level.
- This spurred the interest in me to design a prototype spirit level to measure slope angles.
- A single tool - technically called a spirit level, better known simply as a level - is the workhorse in the industry for checking plumb and level, and a good spirit level belongs in every toolbox.
- A spirit level was used to keep the models level, and the end of the pipe was fitted with a weir over which the fluid could flow readily, but which ensured that the pipe was always completely filled with fluid.
- These days ‘the builder's smile’ has been well and truly adopted by the younger generation, most of whom have never wielded a spirit level or a hammer in anger in their short lives.
- You will need a spirit level and tape measure, tile adhesive and a notched spreader to apply it with, and probably a tile file.
- This was achieved by using an ingenious spirit level.
- If the hooks are level the frame will be level, so carefully measure down from a level ceiling or use a spirit level accurately.
- Make sure that the post spike is level by using the spirit level.
- The floating face of the compass acts as a spirit level, enabling me to ‘shoot straight ‘with the sonar gun.’
- At the first sight of an unfamiliar man wielding a spirit level, they're off to some spa in Mustique, timing their arrival home with the last handle being fitted in their sumptuous new kitchen.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.