In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Religion(life/leader/needs) espiritualthe lords spiritual — obispos de la Iglesia anglicana que ocupan escaños en la Cámara de los Lores
- As for many romantic poets, love is the agent for the fusion of souls, spiritual transcendence, and metaphysical existence.
- Also, if you do have any personal spiritual or religious beliefs you could utilize them for protection and support.
- In my 21 years in this House I have never heard a member get up and criticise the personal religious and spiritual beliefs of somebody else.
- What was needed was a more spiritual sort of religion that offered no such crutches to lame practice.
- When a great man like an Isaac makes a blessing, that blessing affects spiritual forces and becomes a reality.
- Ackroyd may have jettisoned traditional Catholicism, but in his work humans are spiritual beings with souls that survive death and time.
- This, added to his real concern for the physical and spiritual welfare of Valene and Coleman, propels him to take drastic steps to secure their penitence and reformation.
- Kathy is interested in how our environment - cultural, physical and spiritual - affects what we do, and thus who we become.
- Jewish mysticism teaches that non-kosher food blocks the spiritual potential of the soul.
- I don't think there is any connection between religion and our spiritual journey.
- While we respect religious creeds, spiritual leaders and church councils, none of these can bind our consciences or force us to believe or observe anything outside of Bible truth.
- Your spiritual and religious beliefs or philosophies may help you deal with your grief.
- Evidence is growing that spiritual belief and religious practice are important predictive factors for a larger proportion of people entering health care than previously thought.
- Speech in humans is the manifest link between the physical and spiritual aspects of our existence.
- They are also less likely to get support from strong religious or spiritual beliefs.
- What happens to the religious or spiritual beliefs of soldiers when they go to battle?
- These participants resorted to embracing some of the postmodern ideas but opted to maintain their religious or spiritual beliefs.
- A deeply spiritual prayer engages the souls of all who are present and will move the hearers often to tears.
- Is this then the end of the long march of human civilisation, this spiritual suicide, this quiet putrefaction of the soul into matter?
- Our spiritual existence affects our physical existence, and vice versa.
- Piece by piece I am finding aspects of religions or spiritual faiths that make sense to me.
- The original religion sees the human, spiritual, and physical worlds as interconnected, with their existence and functions ruled by Waaqa.
- The noun is designed to unite and give a positive connotation to people who do not have religious or spiritual beliefs.
- The metaphor of journey embraces both a physical journey and a spiritual journey.
- But little research on whether spiritual or religious beliefs alter the process of grief has been carried out.
- Ronny believes his mother's religious and spiritual beliefs are a sign of senility.
- They interviewed people on their way of life, emotions, the history of Nestinari and most of all their souls and their spiritual ritual and mystical powers.
- But has it also been endowed by our creator with a spiritual center, a soul, at this moment?
- Someone's religious or spiritual beliefs have absolutely nothing to do with whether a decision is made to prosecute.
- Religious and spiritual beliefs are an important part of how many people deal with life's joys and hardships.
- By and large, human spiritual welfare is seen as far more important than material welfare right through this period.
- The womanist values women as spiritual leaders and prophets as well as teachers and mothers.
- Religious literature has long indicated that paranormal phenomena are associated with religious or spiritual beliefs.
- Some people abstain from sex because of religious or spiritual beliefs, or because of personal values.
- Lately, however, methods have been developed to assess religiosity and spiritual beliefs.
- In the integrated complex, the spiritual concerns of the human soul and the temporal concerns of daily life came to be taken care of.
- Encouraging mutuality acknowledges that our spiritual existence affects our physical existence.
- Heads of families took charge of both the physical and spiritual welfare of those under them.
- Humans bear the spiritual imprint of God due to the fact that they possess an immortal soul.
- Symbols correlate human spiritual concerns with those otherwise inaccessible realities.
2(connected in spirit)(home/heir) espiritual
- He never got it finished and it was his friend and spiritual son, Edouard Dermi who finished his work.
- I have a spiritual relationship with Mullah Omar.
- Alex had been my closest friend, my climbing partner, my spiritual brother.
- Some dive for spiritual communion with their inner self.
also negro spiritual
1espiritual (negro) masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.