In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Vital capacity was measured in liters of air by the spirometer.
- During the test, you'll breathe into a spirometer, which measures the function of your lungs when you inhale and exhale.
- The two most common tools to measure lung function are spirometers and peak flow meters.
- Between 1964 and 1974, the spirometry was performed with the McKerrow spirometer (as described previously in detail).
- After extubation, the nurse and respiratory therapist assist the patient with using an incentive spirometer and deep breathing and coughing every one to two hours while awake.
- A new category of spirometers, office spirometers, should be available for use in the primary-care setting.
- The mouthpiece of a peak flow meter or the mouth-piece and filter of a spirometer should be changed between uses on different patients.
- Asthma specialists make several measurements with a spirometer, a computerized machine that takes detailed measurements of breathing ability.
- Another form of exercise specific to your lungs is the incentive spirometer.
- The long-term accuracy of a random sample of five of the study spirometers shall be measured by a third party using a waveform generator at the beginning and at the end of the 6-month study.
- Depending on the age of the child, a peak flow meter or a machine called a spirometer may be used to check lung function (in babies and very small children this isn't possible).
- Testing was allowed on a given spirometer only after the measured volume errors were less than 3%.
- Commercially available spirometers include normative equations, and lung function is expressed as a percentage of the predicted normal down to 6 years of age.
- Exercise your lungs using the incentive spirometer (device for deep breathing).
- The volume breathed out in the first second of forceful blowing into a spirometer, measured in litres.
- Simple, hand-held, accurate, and reliable spirometers are currently available for use in the primary-care physician's office and clinic, as well as in the workplace.
- Additionally, respiratory therapy personnel taught Mr V how to use the incentive spirometer.
- Assess respiratory function and encourage use of inspiratory spirometers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.