In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(apartment) en dos niveles
- Rather, the former TSB branch has been transformed into an airy split-level establishment, with booths cut at artful angles into the rear section.
- You have to go to a quiet residential neighborhood and to a split-level house with a kid-sized basketball goal in the driveway.
- This one-bedroom, split-level apartment is in the converted former chapel of Old Connaught House in Rathmichael.
- All the lights seemed to have been turned off in her split-level house, save for the porch light.
- The split-level house comprises 217 square metres of well proportioned accommodation.
- After a year and a half, they moved into a three-bedroom, split-level house; the dream they had imagined was beginning to unfold.
- I gave her a quick tour around our split-level home before pulling her excitedly up to my room.
- Diane and Paul Brown are hell-bent on creating a cosy environment in this smart split-level restaurant just off the High Street in Dunfermline.
- The split-level store is dedicated to the provision of smart, modern and useful household objects and its mission statement is simple - if you use it in your everyday environment, they sell it.
- Standing on one acre of lawned gardens, this three-bedroom bungalow offers modern split-level accommodation.
- The appetizing aroma of waffles and bacon wafted up from the kitchen down the small stairwell of their split-level house.
- The fourth split-level building, of five and six storeys, will include a restaurant, offices and a basement car park with 226 spaces.
- He was born in Jeannette, about 30 miles east of Pittsburgh and a neighboring town to Greensburg, where he has lived in the same split-level house since 1972.
- When they reached Allison's small split-level house, and knocked on the door, the woman Michael and Faith presumed was Allison's mother answered, staring at both of them.
- The first release comprises four-bedroom detached, five-bedroom detached and five-bedroom split-level houses.
- He says the problem has been fixed on the upper levels - the kitchen and lounge - but not those affecting the bedrooms in the lower part of the split-level apartment.
- The bedrooms are just fantastic, particularly the split-level apartments featuring all mod cons and funky decor, while the food and the service are as excellent as we've come to expect from this upmarket chain.
- Renovations completed, the facility reopened in January 2003 and is now housed in a posh, split-level building.
- She wanted to more than double her income, and she was itching to move out of her 2,400-square-foot split-level home in the suburbs.
- The people recognize themselves in their commodities; they find their soul in their automobile, hi-fi set, split-level home, kitchen equipment.
- Additional features include an integrated split-level oven and microwave and plumbing for a dishwasher.
con grill en la parte superior
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.