In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1decisión no unánime feminine
- Just about the time you figured the gritty Colombian would exit, he came on in the late rounds to leave Judah with a split decision and his biggest consolation being his $400,000 purse.
- I just watched Kelvin Davis win a split decision over David Azille on ESPN2.
- This split decision by the usually unanimous committee gave ammunition to Bork's opponents.
- In front of more than 10,000 fans in his hometown, Pender ground out a split decision, as he finished better than the older man.
- Eliminate the point deductions and this becomes a close split decision that could have gone either way.
- Working behind an effective jab and a consistent left hook to the body, Leija weathered both an early and a late storm from his 21-year-old opponent, eking out a split decision victory.
- The gamble paid off - Leonard had just enough skill to stay out of the ageing Hagler's way for most of the night and was rewarded with a split decision, which boxing fans still question to this day.
- When the decision is announced, Leonard is awarded a split decision.
- Although Ali went the distance, the injury took its toll and Norton won on a split decision.
- Holmes would meet Spinks again seven months later losing a split decision, this time in a fight that most media and fans felt that he won.
- Morales had two torrid fights with Marco Antonio Barrera, winning a split decision in 2000, and losing a controversial decision two years later.
- Joel has not fought since his controversial second bout with Diego Corrales, which ended in a split decision.
- Buffaloes' welterweight boxer Maxwell Sosoka beat Kalewa's Josam Banda on unanimous points decision, while flyweight MacDonald Mutale won a split decision over Clifford Mukinga in a flyweight contest.
- It was a close fight, with most fans thinking Meehan had done enough to win the decision, but the judges, on a close split decision, thought otherwise.
- Again the cagy and crafty Spinks survives and comes on with a flurry in the last round and is awarded a split decision by the judges to retain the title.
- In his previous fight six months prior, he lost a split decision to the seventh ranked Norton.
- People can't get to their cars fast enough, but quite a few stayed and were treated to a very spirited six-round junior featherweight go that Kahren Hartyunyan won by a split decision over Marinho Gonzalez.
- Battaglia brought an impressive 21-3 slate into the ring with him and had mixed in world class before, when losing a split decision to German based Turk, Oktay Urkal.
- The venue was the 1984 Sunshine State Games where Tarver lost a split decision to Jones.
- In the rematch, Spinks won a controversial split decision over Holmes to retain the title.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.