In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1arveja seca feminineguisante seco masculine Spainchícharo seco masculine Mexico
- Look at our staples: rice, wheat flour, potatoes, split peas, lentils and other legumes, as well as meats.
- The meatless concoctions were rounded out by lentil salad and yellow split peas cooked with turmeric, ginger and onions.
- The word itself comes from the Hindi ‘khichree’, which is a tasty conglomerate of rice and split peas.
- If you have a ham bone, just cover this with water, add your garlic, split peas, ears, and onion, and cook the same way as with stock, though it will probably need some skimming.
- Smoked salmon and leeks add flavor to a yellow split pea bisque as well as eye appeal as a garnish.
- Place the smoked gammon knuckle, yellow split peas, chopped carrots, celery, onion and bay leaves in your largest pot, cover with the water and bring to the boil, skimming off any froth as it rises to the surface.
- Beans, such as soy, adzuki, kidney and pinto, and legumes like red lentils and yellow split peas, are also effective in balancing estrogen.
- Legumes such as lentils, split peas and beans are high in vitamin B, folic acid and iron.
- Fill each with about one pound of popcorn kernels, dried split peas, or sand.
- Respondents rated the same five legumes (peanuts, kidney beans, split peas, chickpeas and lentils) that they most preferred as also most preferred by clients.
- It is a tart mixture made up of toasted ground split peas, coriander, cumin, black peppercorns, and fenugreek powder.
- Dahl is a blend of boiled split peas, onions, garlic, curry powder, and cumin.
- I'll have the split pea soup, some bread, and a bag of those potato chips, the ones with the hot chili flavor.
- Though the stew we chose - made with potatoes, split peas, tomatoes and dried lime - was rich in flavour, it was loaded onto a rock-solid patty of fried rice.
- I made about two weeks worth of baby food (carrots, split peas, squash) and have them freezing in ice cube trays right now.
- They're tasty and filling, great big beasts stuffed with curried yellow split peas and potatoes, as well as your choice of filling, of course.
- Dals, or lentils and split peas prepared in spicy sauces, are common.
- Peas are a given, obviously, but what about split peas?
- In the past during the winter season, the main food items in stores were cabbage, carrots, beets, potatoes, buckwheat, millet and split peas, with a little more diversity in the southern parts of the country.
- Add the split peas to the boiling sugar mixture.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.