In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1espeluznanteque da miedoit was really spooky in the cave — daba mucho miedo estar en la cueva
- Seen at night, the structure became quite spooky.
- The effect is uncannily scary and spooky - you can almost hear the bones rattling.
- The village is unpeopled, which makes it spooky.
- They are spooky, eerie and atmospheric but they're not necessarily centred in that.
- The makers were more interested in telling us the movie is spooky than actually making it spooky.
- I also love the spooky scene when Bowman appears on his wife's TV.
- He rushes out into the cornfield at the same time as his brother and there is more spooky whispering running through the corn.
- The downright spooky supernatural aura enhances the staying power of this film in your mind.
- As cheesy horror, the movie offers plenty of jump scares, spooky atmosphere, and bloody carnage.
- Jigsaw has locked a bunch of strangers in a spooky old house with nerve gas slowly killing them off.
- The shocks aren't shocking, the spooks aren't spooky and any whispers of fear are swamped by the daftness of the plot.
- That picture, especially combined with the title of this post, is just plain spooky.
- The less said about the spooky music and creepy lighting the better.
- These tracking shots lend a mysterious, sometimes spooky quality to the film.
- The production design of the spaceship itself is otherworldly and spooky.
- There's something wrong with the dusty old ranch house, though, as strange sounds and spooky visions begin to haunt the crooks.
- Their scenes together are riveting and the film builds a spooky and unsettling atmosphere with great economy, while providing a rare insight into small towns and stunted lives.
- It is wild, beautiful, passionate, spooky and direct.
- His spooky elfin protagonists are seditious and superb at each alternate glance.
- The constant intrusion of spooky music telling us that we should be really frightened achieves overkill long before the end of the film's running time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.