In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Sport(program/page) de deportessports channel — canal deportivo masculine
- sports commentator — comentarista deportivo
- the sports desk — la redacción de deportes
- sports editor — editora de la sección deportiva or de deportes
- sports facilities — instalaciones deportivas
- sports page — sección deportiva / de deportes
2(casual)(shirt/clothes) (invariable adjective) sport(shirt/clothes) de sport
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.