In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cronista deportivo masculinecronista deportiva feminine
- Six other Times sports writers were asked to predict the result.
- I will let the real sports writers discuss this issue.
- Let's talk to a couple of sports writers who know these teams well.
- As a goodwill gesture, I took several sports writers out for a meal Thursday.
- And that had the sports writers up in arms right from the beginning.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.