In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1spot checks on cars revealed that … — inspecciones realizadas al azar en varios vehículos revelaron que …
- If it were possible to check every person every time, we would not have a problem with crime, which is why spot checks are only relatively effective but still very necessary.
- Instead PC Jones carried out a spot check on a central Bradford pub.
- The Scarborough scandal was uncovered when a spot check by the Audit Commission of 41 hospitals in England and Wales revealed that all but three issued false figures.
- Its property management service includes spot checks, a documented inventory service, cleaning, furnishing packages, maintenance and repair services, and round-the-clock guest services.
- In our spot check of more than 30 different routes, we found savings that ranged from as little as $5 to as much as $75.
- One wonders what would have happened had the Inland Revenue carried out a spot check.
- Their normal job is to pull trucks and buses off the road and make spot checks of steering, brakes and so forth; they know the firms and drivers, and are known by them.
- The end-user should perform regular spot checks to keep the machine on track.
- Standing up, I suddenly remembered that I hadn't done a spot check of all of the tables upon arrival.
- The landlord had arrived at the premises earlier in the afternoon to make a spot check, only to find that his tenant was not at home.
- Employees can refer complaints to the inspectors, who can then carry out spot checks of employer records and workplaces.
- If you don't believe me, do a spot check on some of your production databases.
- It's important for management to get behind the bar often, open the register, and do other spot checks for visible signs of stealing.
- BBC Radio Five Live's Breakfast programme has carried out a spot check on the number of lorry drivers spending too long behind the wheel.
- A spot check of people out shopping on a nice spring day offers insight into what must be a growing phenomenon: the company store.
- The Revenue Commissioners have also increased the number of spot checks on boats moored in marinas around Ireland.
- The husband had me do spot checks here and there on her six months later, a year later.
- When she appeared before magistrates five days later she was given an interim ban, but was caught drink driving again when police did a spot check on her car.
- Meanwhile, a system of spot checks keeps prices in line.
- Periodic spot checks on bin content by the collection teams ensure that the right materials are directed to the right bins.
control o inspección realizada al azar
1police were spot-checking drivers at the frontier — en la frontera la policía estaba realizando controles al azar entre los automovilistas
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.