In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(clothes) impecable(house) limpísimo(house) impecable
- You go into the refugees' flats and they are spotless.
- Gallagher also stresses the importance of having spotless kitchens and bathrooms.
- He lives with Shane, his nine-year-old daughter, who is so clean and spotless, you wonder who does the ironing.
- He hadn't bargained for the amount of effort it would take to keep the house absolutely spotless at all times.
- Their rudimentary shelters are spotless, and for church on Sundays the congregation is always neatly dressed, attentive and devout.
- She was amazed at how dirty he was, and he caught her looking down at her own spotless clothes.
- Kohl's stores are spotless and are organized according to logical department-to-department adjacencies, he said.
- At one factory the university team visited in Mexico, the factory manager wanted to guarantee that the inspectors would find his factory spotless.
- This could be a spotless home, a hospital, a studio set, a dreamscape or an insane asylum.
- It is spotless with fantastic colors, cavernous blacks, and beautiful contrast and detail.
- People's clothes are spotless and neatly pressed, and the buildings and streets look to hardly have any wear on them at all.
- The tiles on the floor, although spotless, are all awry.
- He has a little two-bedroom house that he keeps spotless.
- Thankfully the print that has been sourced is spotless.
- After a two-month renovation and deep cleaning, McCann's petite third-floor gallery is spotless.
- Nothing of the urban sprawl so common to the American south infests its spotless streets and trendy shops.
- The first five of the films are black and white, and all look sharp and virtually spotless with the exception of an occasional vertical line.
- All the while, they keep their designer clothes clean and spotless.
- The minimum they will expect to see is a spotless home in good condition.
- The rooms are spotless, the couples immaculately dressed.
- The rate that you receive may be higher if your credit history isn't spotless, or your credit score is lower than the lender's ideal score.
- A spotless reputation one minute, one marred by question marks the next - one disaster can quickly plunge even the most revered of companies into jeopardy.
- Although two-thirds of borrowers must be given the ‘headline’ typical rate, you might not qualify if your credit history isn't spotless or you don't fit the lender's ideal customer profile.
- Some of America's top company builders - spotless reputations on the line - are trying to apply the entrepreneurial Midas touch to the problems that beset this cobwebbed corner of the economy.
- He does not believe that anyone who looks and acts as innocent as Tess could be anything but spotless.
- That could be a debt-free college degree, money to live overseas for a year, the down payment on a house, cash to buy an engagement ring or a spotless credit report.
- The Lions' performance in the first test in Christchurch was ghastly at best, while the All Blacks were, given the conditions, spotless.
- Petite, innocent Shirley was naïve, high-strung, and terribly afraid of soiling her spotless reputation.
- Levitt's father's was a longtime controller of the state of New York, a liberal with a spotless record.
- Kleist meant to show how social values having to do with honor and the ideal of spotless virtue become destructive when they take the place of simple familial trust and affection.
- Its hero is spotless, driven, strong and determined.
- In addition, manage your personal affairs conservatively and keep your professional record spotless.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.