In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hojas de una variedad de col que no desarrolla cogollo
- Shred the spring greens, discarding any hard stalk or core, and cook in simmering salted water for 5 minutes until tender but still bright green.
- You could use cavolo nero, Swiss chard, kale, sprout tops, spring greens or Savoy cabbage, listed in my order of preference.
- Leafy dark green vegetables, such as Savoy cabbage, kale, and spring greens, are good sources of two carotenoids which have been shown to help prevent age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Serve with tagliatelle and, if you like, other vegetables such as spring greens or spinach.
- In contrast, green leafy vegetables such as kale and spring greens provide plenty of well absorbed calcium while at the same time reducing calcium losses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.