In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(plato de la cocina china) rollito (de) primavera masculine
- Tash picked out a spring roll and dunked it into the sweet chilli sauce David had prepared.
- It is a hot, sweet and sour delight that you can make time and again for use with fish and chicken dishes, or as a dipping sauce for spring rolls, poppadoms and savouries.
- The spring roll was crispy yet standard, but the accompanying plum sauce tasted like real plums, even retaining their deep purple colour.
- We ordered shrimp dumplings, spring rolls, pork buns, won tons and noodles for our boys.
- The five large oysters were each wrapped and deep fried in a miniature spring roll and possessed the gloriously fresh sea-salt tang of the ocean.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.