1(tree)picea feminineabeto falso masculine
- There are few more rewarding experiences than driving a team of huskies through this vast land of mountains, spruce forests and endless silence.
- ‘I wanted my husband to plant a big spruce so that at Christmas I could decorate it with lights,’ she says.
- Before planting either your boxwood or dwarf spruce, select containers that will accommodate these evergreen shrubs up to their mature size.
- Although most species of spruce prefer moist, well drained soils with moderate to good fertility, they will grow on rather sandy soils if there is a favorable water table throughout the growing season.
- This nest is usually in a spruce or other conifer and may be 4'40 feet up.
- The best trees to plant with wildlife in mind are cherry and mulberry for their fruits, pines and spruces for their seed-bearing cones and deciduous trees that vary in size and density.
1(person) arreglado(person) prolijo River Plate(appearance) cuidado(appearance) acicalado(garden) cuidado(garden) arregladoshe was looking very spruce — estaba muy peripuesta humorous
- In outward appearance, he was a cherubically round man, about 45, in a spruce pinstripe suit and a new blue tie.
- A very spruce maid welcomed him and showed him into the Bishop's drawing-room.
- Just further down the lane were three tiny cottages which always looked spruce in this quiet backwater and their small gardens were bright with flowers.
- These are the most recently refurbished rooms at the Rubens, so décor is sprucer and fresher than elsewhere in the hotel.
- ‘Why are they doing this work so early in the morning?’ she asked Captain Duro when he appeared on deck looking as spruce and polished as he had on the first day she met him.
- The track looked sprucer than it has for a long time, " said one Silverstone old timer.
- To turn up at County Hall looking dapper and spruce would have been to strike a false, jarring note of misplaced optimism.
- The place has also recently been restored and so is looking quite spruce.
- The actor looks much too spruce for someone who is living rough.