In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1número (elevado al) cuadrado masculine
- Since the next succeeding square number is 729, which has 27 for its side, divide 720 by 27.
- This year I've decided to switch my mathematical allegiance to square numbers.
- If we can express a square number also as the sum of two other square numbers then Pythagoras' Theorem tells us that we have three sides of a right-angled triangle and this is Fibonacci's first Proposition.
- In every right-triangle, if the double product of the legs be either added or subtracted from the square of the hypotenuse, both the sum and the remainder will be square numbers.
- Fibonacci first notes that square numbers can be constructed as sums of odd numbers, essentially describing an inductive construction using the formula n 2 + = 2.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.