1altavoz masculinemasculine (alto)parlante Latin America
- Some humorous fellow sent his voice over the squawk box in imitation of submarine noises and shouted, ‘Dive!’
- ‘Yeah, I'm up at base now,’ he announced into his squawk box as he surveyed the field of well-fortified tents.
- It was not until later in the meeting, apparently, that Republican staffers realized the conversation was being broadcast over our ‘squawk boxes,’ at which point they began taping.
- The squawk boxes mounted on the support poles didn't work, but everyone knew that so it wasn't a big deal.
- When a few more people had shown up, and there were twenty-five people in line, the door greeter - he's there to stop you stealing things - called on the squawk box for ‘all cashiers to come to the front.'