In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1limpísimosuper limpio informal
- I was in Paris recently, and it's clear that French women believe their natural shine comes from having squeaky-clean, healthy skin.
- You've got plenty of time, and besides, your house is squeaky-clean already.
- Alkaline is the cleaning agent in most shampoos that can dry out hair if you wash often, but it's also what gives your hair that squeaky-clean feeling.
- Lusaka can take a leaf from smaller cities such as Windhoek whose authorities maintain spotlessly squeaky-clean streets.
- ‘Americans love that squeaky-clean feeling, but our bodies and faces can't handle it,’ she says.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.