In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1escobilla de goma para secar superficiesperezoso masculine Argentinalampazo masculine Uruguay
- He placed me in a basket as he grabbed a squeegee and proceeded to clean the windows on the tower.
- It comes with a squeegee handle with two interchangeable rubber blades for steam cleaning soapy residue off glass shower doors;
- Apply the mixture to your windows with a clean sponge and squeegee off the liquid, absorbing any drips with a cloth.
- Stuck in an elevator in the North Tower with five other men, he used the blade of his squeegee to cut through the door.
- If we have a two-story house for instance, the windows and side walls will call for a squeegee with a long handle.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.