In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine compañero de cuadrafeminine compañera de cuadrafeminine colegathe new model is larger than its stablemates — el nuevo modelo es más grande que los demás de su línea
- Her stablemate could turn out to be even better, but she'll have to prove she can handle the added distance,’ said Etchechoury.
- Devious Boy finished second, with Fairly Ransom's stablemate, Sweet Return, a nose back in third.
- She led by a half-length in midstretch and went on to defeat her stablemate in 1: 47.66 over a fast track.
- Pletcher is also considering entering Balto Star in the 1 1/4-mile Jockey Club Gold Cup, but he would not run the stablemates against each other.
- Although the problem was not thought to be serious at the time, trainer Willie Mullins admitted on Sunday that he was concerned about the horse, a stablemate of Florida Pearl.
- She missed the Beverly D. Stakes on August 14 at Arlington Park due to a minor leg injury sustained when she was kicked by a stablemate.
- The same punch was to determine the following bout when Ali Funeka produced a carbon copy performance of his stablemate Vetyeka, blowing away Dumisani Mofu in the fourth round of their junior lightweight scrap.
- Media Puzzle had a two-length head start on his stablemate, which Vinnie Roe made up by the end of the five-furlong open gallop.
- Grandera pulled away from his stablemate easily in the stretch.
- Brought over to the Donmar some seven years ago to direct a production of Jean Genet's The Maids, after Mendes had seen one of his productions in Dublin, Crowley watched his stablemate falter at the starting gate several times.
- Ladies Din, also trained by Canani and the loser by a nose to Silic in the 1999 Shoemaker, ran second again - this time a half-length behind his stablemate.
- Pacesetters are intended to set up races for their come-from-behind stablemates, but their jockeys are still expected to try their best.
- In winning the Irish Derby by a half-length, Alamshar handed stablemate and eventual Prix de l' Arc de Triomphe winner Dalakhani his lone career loss.
- The Chrysler 300 Hemi C is a concept car that is very likely to be put into production as an upscale stablemate of the Chrysler Sebring convertible.
- As each new horse was in the process of being broke to saddle, Sacha had the waiting horses lined up ringside facing inward where they could see their stablemates being mounted, some for their first times.
- Between 1951 and 1962 the Consul was the stablemate of the bigger Ford Zephyr.
- Wekiva Springs was one of the nation's top handicap runners in the mid-1990s despite being overshadowed by stablemate and two-time Horse of the Year Cigar.
- Saint Wynn was a half-length winner over his stablemate in the Skywalker.
- Even with his recent return to top form, Brian Boru's future still hinges on whether or not his celebrated stablemate, reigning turf male champion High Chaparral, will start in the Arc.
- Ceanannas Mor was first to respond but his stablemate always had his measure in the closing stages.
- Although Strong Hope's immediate future is up in the air, four of his stablemates were in action Sunday morning in preparation for their respective next starts.
- Millstreet, running as pacemaker for Doyen, took them along at a good clip while his stablemate sat on the outside under Frankie Dettori.
- Prior to that effort, he beat his stablemate by a nose in the San Carlos Handicap at Santa Anita.
- DCX's underutilized Belvidere, Ill., facility that builds the Neon couldn't integrate production of its PT Cruiser platform stablemate due to paint shop issues.
- Since the horses in this race are stablemates, their owners have wagered just a dollar on the race.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.