- Meyer carefully pays attention to dynamic and legato / staccato contrasts, so her playing is endlessly interesting, as well as tonally gratifying.
- Retention of a naturally compact hand through early release of selected notes and judicious use of staccato touch is a potent technique.
- Townshend led a master's class in aggressive guitar, windmilling power chords, strumming with blitzkrieg ferocity and firing out staccato solos in intensive bursts.
- On the piano, James was not delicate nor mysterious at all - his playing was stuttered and fast, something rushing forth in staccato bursts that suggest supreme agitation or even anger.
- The piano started up; soft, staccato notes filled the room and chased away the dull rumble from the backstage area.