1.1(as group)personal masculineour staff is / are at your service — nuestro personal está a su servicio
- the teaching staff — el profesorado
- the editorial staff — la redacción
- a member of staff — un empleado
- she has been on the staff for years — hace años que forma parte del personal / de la planta
- he joined the staff in May — se incorporó al personal en mayo
- staff meeting — reunión de profesores
- staff training — capacitación del personal
1.2plural staffBritish (as individuals)empleados masculinesome staff are unhappy about the changes — algunos (de los) empleados no están contentos con los cambios
1.3MilitaryEstado Mayor masculine(officer) del Estado Mayor
2plural staffs"or "staves /steɪvz/
2.1(stick)bastón masculinemasculine báculomasculine cayadostaff of office — bastón de mando masculine
2.2flag stafffeminine asta
1(department/shop/school) proveer de personal(department/school/shop) dotar de personalthe restaurant is very well staffed — el restaurante está muy bien provisto de personal
- For ten years the lighthouse was happily staffed by a three man crew, rotated every fortnight.
- He said an indoor skate park would need to be staffed by volunteers or possibly the parents of skaters.
- The Centre is staffed by trained volunteers who are available to meet all callers.
- We are a very small organisation and we are not staffed up to handle big surges in communication.
- We outlined the events leading up to the accident and we were able to confirm that the ward was fully staffed.
- The centre will be staffed by a total of 300 people at full capacity by the middle of this year.
- Education, social services and county catering teams staffed the rest centre.
- This unit will be staffed by experienced personnel with access to expert advice as required.
- When the High Street store first opened it was staffed entirely by volunteers.
- Dr Anthony made it clear that the unit was fully staffed by a team of highly competent specialists.
- It will operate as a division of the High Court and be staffed by officials with expertise in company law.
- The units are staffed to treat people with injuries such as cuts, bruises, sprains and simple fractures.
- It was a fully staffed division but we wound up closing it since we couldn't find a way to make money at it.
- The museum will be open five days a week and will be staffed by a group of volunteers.
- Our shops were mostly small family businesses, owned and staffed by Scots.
- The service is staffed by volunteers, who are specially trained in the area of domestic violence.
- As a student newspaper, staffed by volunteers, we cannot hope to catch everything.
- The centre's healthcare unit is staffed by a manger and ten nurses.
- We have around 350 staff at the moment and we hope to be fully staffed by early 2005.
- More than 100 staff are now working there and all regional centres are staffed.