In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Son-in-law Rich is a staff sergeant with the 387th Army Reserve Unit.
- Besides holding down a full-time job as a Pentagon police officer, he is a staff sergeant in the Army Reserve with 20 years of military service.
- They spent two days at the factory in Wales where the house was built, says retired Army staff sergeant Adrian, 57.
- He is retired infantry staff sergeant Donald Pringle, also known as Grandpa.
- The bridegroom is a staff sergeant assigned to Dewitt Army Community Hospital.
- He re-enlisted during World War II as a staff sergeant with the Army engineers.
- Morgan served more than 10 years in the Army and earned the rank of staff sergeant before leaving active duty in 1996 to pursue a musical career.
- He served the U.S. Army in World War II as a staff sergeant in the European Theater.
- After his discharge as a staff sergeant, McGurn went on to a distinguished career in foreign reporting in the State Department and as communications director for the Supreme Court.
- During a weekend outing to Windsor Castle, Ruth met Wenclell Poore, a U.S. Army Air Corps staff sergeant.
- The Army announced on May 9 that single staff sergeants in stateside military installations will be allowed to live off post.
- Typically commanded by a sergeant or staff sergeant, a squad or section is the smallest element in Army structure, and its size is dependent on its function.
- Pitsenbarger, a pararescueman, was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor and promoted to staff sergeant for treating and protecting scores of wounded infantrymen.
- Raised with horses, the staff sergeant worked with the horses of the Army's honor guard near Washington, the Caisson Unit of the 3rd Infantry Division.
- For a staff sergeant in the U.S. Army, a chance to jog around the White House with any President would be an amazing experience.
- During the time I was at the Infantry center we learned to do every squad leader's job, every machine gunner's job and every staff sergeant's job as well, if not better, than our own.
- An armor staff sergeant is considered branch qualified after 18 months of successful tank commander time.
- He had been a staff sergeant during the tank landings on the second day of the D-Day invasion and fought his way through enemy fire to Belgium.
- James, 36. is a staff sergeant in the Army's food services division, which prepares meals for troops stationed at Fort Carson in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- The bonus will be paid to soldiers between the ranks of specialist and staff sergeant with 17 months to 10 years in service.
oficial de rango superior al de sargento
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.