In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Zoologyciervo masculinevenado masculine
- I camped high in the glen, with a golden eagle and a clutch of red deer stags for company.
- Red deer stags greeted me on the ridge crest and a buzzard wheeled away over the corrie below.
- Beyond it great beams of light lit up the depths of Glen Loyne and somewhere down below, red deer stags roared defiance at each other across the glen.
- Around 70,000 red deer stags and hinds are shot every year out of a total population of around 350,000 animals that has been growing since the Second World War because of increasingly mild winters and a lack of natural predators.
especulador al alza que compra valores de una nueva emisión para obtener beneficios rápidos
1(go/dine) sin mujeres
- If even nice, quiet, very, very shy Natalie Pierce has a date then I mind as well give up now, go stag, and wear a sign that says ‘loser’ around my neck.
- Nina and Beth were going stag, and they were going to meet up with Topher, Jill, and their dates at this little Italian dive called Pomodoro.
- But, if she tried to go stag and meet Jack there, her father would probably decided to go on a road trip, which would be better for the family and soul.
- I refuse to go stag, especially with my ankle; I'd just be sitting on the sidelines the entire night.
- She had a hard time believing that someone with the hotness quotient of Kent would go stag.
- She hadn't had enough courage to ask anyone else and had decided the previous day that she would go stag.
- Even Selene has a date - with Kyle, go figure - and I'm going to be the only one going stag.
- She refused to go stag to a Valentines day party so after Ashton left she would have the house to herself, hell!
- No but you two both came stag and I think it would be nice of you to dance with her since she's alone,
- ‘Most everyone's going stag and probably going to pick someone up, you know how it is,’ she shrugged.
- The Grumbleweeds maintain the enviable skill of being able to entertain an audience ranging from family to stag to corporate with apparent ease.
- She's really bummed and she doesn't want to go stag.
- As more betrothed couples pay for their weddings themselves, guest lists have gotten shorter, and even close friends are expected to come stag.
- She had made up her mind last night that she would be okay with the fact that she was going stag to the dance.
- When investors rediscover stagging - applying for shares in new (and typically low quality) companies with the intention of selling them at the first opportunity for a quick profit - then it's time to worry.
- The restriction could limit the opportunity for stagging the stock.
comprar (valores de una nueva emisión) para obtener beneficios rápidos
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.