In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lámpara de pie feminine
- A desk lamp, standard lamp or light from a window can be used to effectively light a scene.
- Here in Las Vegas the stage is dressed like a living room with couches and standard lamps.
- After a few minutes, she flipped on the standard lamp beside her.
- The standard lamp is off, and everyone is sat there - silent and still like dummies in the window of a shut shop.
- Elizabeth and Agatha sat together in the living room in the cosy pool of light shed by the standard lamp.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.