In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This approach would also standardize rules and equalize access.
- He said the bill will standardize the reporting procedures for hospitals across Ontario.
- The tendency to define and standardize product quality lay at the heart of the commodification process.
- Although our procedures are standardized, a change in aircrew is always a challenge.
- Patients also reported quality of life using two standardized questionnaires.
- The language has been nationally standardized for more than a century, but regional variations in pronunciation persist.
- The last two decades have seen intense efforts to standardise treatment options for out-patient management of asthma.
- School records were used to obtain data on student grades and standardized test scores.
- Newspapers have standardised language by producing style guides and manuals for reporters and sub-editors.
- Teachers were constantly under pressure to prepare their students for regular standardised examinations.
- As part of an effort to standardize personnel practices, a year or so ago they revised our department numbers.
- As more standardized extracts become available, the accuracy of skin tests is expected to increase.
- A group of 20 golf courses in the eastern region feel they are paying too many other taxes as it is, and are discussing methods to standardize the taxes in a more equitable manner.
- As playground equipment became increasingly standardized, limited room remained for creativity by designers, manufacturers, and consumers.
- Interviewers should receive training on the importance of standardizing the entire interview process across all candidates.
- We believe this to be unlikely given the same protocols were standardized across all sites.
- It is easier for people to do the right thing when a process is made more consistent by standardizing the steps.
- I used to teach 8th grade history and there was not a standardized test for that.
- Centralization allows us to manage our global knowledge base efficiently, to identify and disseminate best practices, and to standardize our business processes.
- A major effort has been made to standardize the way in which the data are displayed for the user.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.