In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1grapadora feminineengrapadora feminine Latin Americacorchetera feminine Chile
- In the drawer, among pencils, staplers, fluorescent markers and rubber bands, was another key.
- We regularly sent out appeals asking for donations of such minor items as paper clips, staplers, toner and glue.
- Your stapler and paper clip container stay wherever you put them.
- She stuck a sheaf of paper into her stapler and punched down much harder than was necessary.
- To that end, never place a sleeve on top of a pad of paper, pen or stapler, as Brown has seen even his staff do.
- I had to admit, the desktop looked so neat and clean, with the pencils and pens in a mug, the stapler and desk calendar arranged just so.
- They also took paper, pens, pencils, staplers, white paper and a box cutter.
- Kindergartens and school are also short of supplies - chalk, crayons, felt tips, near new books in class sets of 20, rulers, staplers and tape, dolls and clothes and wooden toys.
- Documents are copied with carbon paper and then held together by straight pins; staplers are largely unknown.
- Larger items such as copy paper, staplers, and calculators should be taken one at a time and no more than once per quarter.
- One is littered with papers, books, CDs, a phone, a stapler, several pens, a box of business cards, etc.
- Office Depot's approach to application development can't alter the fact that its customers are only going to buy so many post-it notes, staplers and paper clips in the course of a year.
- She glanced quickly at the supplies: rubber bands, legal pads, a box or pens and pencils, a stapler and staples and a single file folder.
- But Gareth is unimpressed that official office equipment has been abused - particularly his beloved stapler.
- This usually means finding out who has brought the string, gum and staplers to enable us to hang up our posters, then fortifying ourselves with a last-minute pint.
- Overlap the short edges of each component and with a regular paper stapler join the edges together.
- With the edges aligned, the stapler is then used to fasten everything together at the top left corner.
- Suddenly we had to move to a different house, but I got lots of free paper and staplers and pens from Dad's old office.
- So it's time we made a conscious effort to cut down the use of staplers and completely stopped their usage in food packets.
- Are you the one who ends up with all the staplers around the office?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.