In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1signo del zodíaco masculine
- Those born in the star sign of Virgo are also a bit flirty so she's dressing up for a purpose.
- But the real reason, she explains, is the fact that her star sign says she can't go back over old ground.
- About a year ago, the Abbey National came up with a report which suggested that it was even worth finding out the star sign of a fund's manager as a method of choosing where to invest!
- She had always been in love with any kind of water, probably because of her star sign.
- And of course what people become most disconcerted about when they come out to Stonehenge, is to discover they're not the star sign they thought they were all their lives.
- As for Julius, he turns 10 in November, meaning he shares a star sign, Scorpio, with both Hello Kitty and Mickey Mouse.
- Lisa, who read little more than the problem pages and her star sign in the daily newspaper, teen magazines, and one or two of the Harry Potter books, felt she couldn't quite relate to Millie.
- I succumbed to the sudden and uncontrollable urge to tidy up; my star sign getting the better of me again.
- We don't believe in doing that stuff anymore but if you ever read your star sign in a magazine, even reading it with a sideways, sceptical glance, you are engaging in a latter-day form of oracle consultation.
- My star sign is Aries, I was born on the 6th of April, 1982 in a hospital in Pune.
- He incorrectly predicted my star sign, but then said he was more compatible with a Cancerian anyway.
- Benedict Arnold was born into a respected New England family in Norwich, Connecticut, on January 14, under the star sign Capricorn.
- She's agreed to be interviewed because we share the same star sign.
- Currently Ian's investigating the touchy question of whether there is any scientifically evident link between your star sign and your personality.
- Great, I share the same star sign as Luke Skywalker.
- Participants had been given strict Internet instructions to meet at one of four city centre pubs - depending on their star sign - at 2.50 pm exactly.
- Beat those nay-saying astrologers at their own game by changing your star sign!
- Whether the star sign of your employee really has any significant effect on the chances of him or her having an accident is an entirely different matter.
- Like your star sign, you are brave and prone to attacking people without remorse.
- Or maybe their star sign was Aquarius, and the water was bringing out their primitive playfulness.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.