- For larger birds such as blackbirds, starlings and song thrushes that feed on insects, food found easily in the summer can be cut off as frost seals the ground.
- Blackbirds, starlings, green finches, great tits, robins, collared doves and dunnocks are all included in Cumbria's top ten.
- Furthermore, in bluethroats, European starlings, and blue tits female choice for males with greater UV reflectance appears to favor structural plumage traits.
- Pigeons are predominant, but, as you explore, you see sparrows and bluebirds and flickers and blue jays and wrens and kestrels and starlings and robins.
- Hundreds of species of birds, such as seagulls, herons, starlings, sparrows and many others, live or often visit mangrove forest areas.