In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1punto de partida masculinestarting point for sth — punto de partida de/para algo
- The Golden Mile is, again, a good starting point for evening entertainment.
- Cross the meadow and as you enter the trees again turn immediately to your right on to the track that takes you back to the starting point.
- The harbour makes an ideal starting point for ferry journeys to the islands of Hvar and Korcula.
- This brought me back to my starting point and also marked the end of my first day on the yellow brick road.
- It's a good starting point for a tour of the city's main sights, most of which can be comfortably visited on foot.
- It may not be in the Highlands, but it looks to the Highlands and is a great starting point for expeditions further north.
- The boy racers congregate in one place, using it as a starting point to race through the town centre and back again.
- The protest at Merrion Square is expected to end at 2pm and the convoys will return their original starting points, again under Garda escort.
- Choose one of three starting points at Cleckheaton, Liversedge or Heckmondwike (former railway stations).
- The Pennine Bridleway National Trail has different starting points for cyclists and horse riders - cyclists are recommended to set out from Middleton Top where facilities, including bike hire, are available.
- All too soon I was dropping down the road back to my starting point with the Talla Reservoir stretched out below me.
- Now on a good track, again part of the Witton Weavers Way, we climbed over Darwen Moor and back to our starting point.
- For experts prepared to hire local guides - and hike up to the starting points - both areas offer fine off-piste descents.
- Stagecoach says that in the mornings, journeys will leave starting points later and arrive at the final destination at the usual time or earlier.
- Simple answers will not do, and the hundreds of thousands of placards distributed at the starting points served to diminish rather than amplify the impact of the gathering of so many people on a single pretext.
- Entrants can choose from six different starting points - London, Oxford, Manchester, Sheffield, Derby and Birmingham city centres.
- I'm staying near Kings Cross, so that could be an interesting starting point!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.