In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Sport cotización inicial feminineFinance precio inicial masculine
- For the larger firms who control the nation's betting shops, laying off large amounts of cash with on-course bookmakers ensures that the starting price will be shorter than it would otherwise have been.
- When big races such as the Classics come around, many occasional gamblers will latch onto him, thus reducing the starting price.
- The odds you get will be the official starting price, declared after the race.
- Maids Causeway, Vista Bella and Karen's Caper filled the places, but despite her starting price, this seemed almost like a routine victory for the Ballydoyle filly.
- The Eugene Price owned Pennys Ploy (Honcho Classic - Pennys Champagne) justified his starting price of 4/5 when scoring in the eight race.
- And in the process, the Irish jockey landed an almighty gamble, with his mount's odds reduced from 12-1 earlier in the day to a starting price of 6-1.
- Both gallopers shared a starting price of 3-1 and raced to within half a neck of each other at the line.
- This means that the starting price has to be '10 to one ’, which is what the bookmakers says it is.
- Scorpion belied his starting price of 25-1 to hold on for second, while Shalapour, who was unraced at two and having only his fourth start yesterday, was third for John Oxx at 16-1.
- He will be double figures in terms of a starting price but I think he's quite capable of winning.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.