In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)the state house — el edificio de la legislatura estatal
- The state legislature in Maine passed a similar resolution, as did the state house of representatives in Hawaii.
- In the summer and fall of 2003, the Democrats and Republicans were locked in a protracted political struggle over who would control the state house in Sacramento.
- As is well known, he has presided over more than 130 executions during his tenure in the Texas state house.
- Not that mercy was a defining characteristic of Bush's six years in the Texas state house, when he put more prisoners to death than any other governor in modern US history.
- Everyone going into a state house, he asserted, ‘should understand that it is not a lifetime entitlement.’
- Overseeing the Democrats is John Wertheim, a lawyer in Albuquerque; he replaces Joni Gutierrez, who quit to run for the state house from Las Cruces.
- Then we need to keep track of what those politicians actually do, when they get to the city hall, or the county assembly, or the state house, or Congress.
- It was in this period that Paine began to develop plans for an iron bridge and exhibited a model of one at the Pennsylvania state house.
- They fear a genuinely popular movement against the policies of the extreme right far more than a Republican takeover of the state house.
- He said he fully backed the NAACP's campaign in South Carolina to get the flag removed from the state house.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.