In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1universidad estatal feminine
- Florida Governor Jeb Bush's Talented 20 Program guarantees the top 20 per cent of public high school graduates admission to the state university system.
- The undergraduate American students were majoring in education at a large state university in the Southwest region of the United States.
- He then went back to Illinois to be tutored for entrance into the state university, from which he graduated in 1884.
- At first sight, she looks like a nice, normal high-school girl headed for a state university and happiness of an uncomplicated sort that is rarely the lot of artists.
- Annual tuition at the state university is approximately $1,600.
- Academics face many problems, and the state university is short on staff and teaching materials.
- The genetic counseling center used in this study provided services to the local community and surrounding area and was located close to a state university in an affluent urban area.
- During the 2002-03 school year, two health educators employed by a state university volunteered to assist a School Health Subcommittee in an urban Alabama school system.
- The city served by Program 1 contained a medium-size state university that was a former teacher's college.
- Back then, the public looked on the state university as a treasure, even though only a privileged few actually attended college.
- I'm halfway through a first-year writing course at a large state university, in a writing program staffed mainly with graduate teaching assistants who teach two courses a semester.
- The cost to the student is as much as one-third less for tuition and fees, and the cost to taxpayers is one-half less for producing a baccalaureate degree at a community college versus a state university.
- Yet the so-called secular culture of the state university by no means disadvantaged religious practice.
- Two days later I'm told, I get a call from the state university, and the state university says, we have a problem.
- The undergraduate library at my alma mater - a state university with about 15,000 undergrads.
- The contention that the First Amendment forbids a state university to provide a venue for the expression of views antagonistic to conventional Christian beliefs is absurd.
- The clearest examples of its proponents were on the religious studies faculty at the state university.
- Emblematic of his approach is his proposal to pay the first year's tuition to a state university or community college for any student willing to work.
- Page hails from Michigan, where his mother taught computer programming at the state university and where his father was a professor.
- The sample consisted of 108 male and 154 female general psychology students enrolled at a regional campus of a Midwestern state university.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.