1arte de gobernar masculine
- But it's also a history play, and crams in all the issues of statecraft, politics, and morality that obsessed the Elizabethans.
- What then is distinctive about it is that it is best understood as an extended phase of peacemaking, and possesses many of the characteristics of that genre of statecraft.
- The most difficult task of our statecraft is to strike the right balance among these imperatives and arrive at the policy mix that best advances an entire set of our values and interests.
- It is the precise role of statecraft to work with other countries with which one shares common economic, social and security interests to maximize mutual benefit from that relationship.
- Once new trade routes were forged to the Americas, Africa and Asia, mercantilism involved statecraft and realpolitik as well as trade and commerce.
- It is a profoundly irresponsible approach to statecraft; the future it portends is desolate.
- But it flourishes at the highest levels of American statecraft.
- Economic statecraft, whereby nations use trade, loans, grants and investment to influence the action of other states, is now becoming more important.
- The Shield of Achilles synthesises his various strands of expertise, weaving history with statecraft, law, diplomacy and military strategy.
- This stand adheres to a leading principle of statecraft, called ‘establishing credibility’ in the rhetoric of statecraft and scholarship.
- Should we care about them any less, because of a quirk of geography and statecraft?
- He merely mentioned - with a polite, deferential cough - the possibility of voluntary restrictions, in the middle of talks focusing on trade and statecraft.
- His considerable exertions notwithstanding, truth in matters of statecraft remains implacably gray.
- Of course, throughout history, various observers have championed war as a preferred instrument of statecraft.
- It regards international relations as a ‘society’ of states in which the principal actors are statespeople who are specialized in the practice of statecraft.
- The dominant philosophy of statecraft has become a form of pragmatic meliorism with markets and Western democratic institutions as the chosen means for improving our lives.
- Instead, they have replaced statecraft with stagecraft, substance with style, and not a very fashionable style at that.
- Membership in NATO has helped correct these defects of statecraft and government, although much work remains once a nation is included in the alliance.
- The political history of ancient or medieval India and the conventions of statecraft unearthed by that history have influenced Indians even less.
- A strategy of disengagement would require bold, risk-taking statecraft of a high order, and much diplomatic competence in its execution.