In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(specified, fixed)(sum/amount) indicado(sum/amount) establecido(date/time) señalado(date/time) indicado
- Part three focuses on an analysis of stated policy issues within the public sector.
- The open state was of long duration, and lasted for hours under the stated conditions.
- Since then she has heard nothing despite the PCT's stated concern about the shortage of midwives.
- Waters agreed not to enter the Acres estate except for specific visits to two stated addresses.
- In the context of the stated question, a perfection would mean that the mother may be able to save the boy.
2(declared)their stated intention/goal — la intención/el objetivo que han expresado
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.