In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estadista masculinehombre de estado masculine
- An extraordinary spiritual leader and a courageous statesman is no more.
- It's the outlaws and rebels that history often prefers to remember rather than the statesmen and leaders.
- He would like to see state and federal elected officials become statesmen not politicians.
- Minor world leaders get to be statesmen for a day, and tell their parliaments and electors that they are taking part in a world summit.
- Now the attempt is being made to present him as a political statesman and martyr.
- From now on, our leaders, our politicians, our statesmen will be fair game too.
- The two statesmen signed an agreement to establish a bi-national commission between South Africa and Brazil.
- Not only politicians and statesmen have the opportunity to practice creative speech.
- He called for more effort on the part of all statesmen, politicians and church leaders to resolve the schism in the Orthodox church.
- A politician thinks of the next race, a statesman of the next generation.
- For these are times when we expect our politicians to metamorphose into statesmen.
- The difference between a politician and a statesman is the degree of common sense and courage shown in difficult times.
- The statesmen and foreign dignitaries have departed - but the World Summit show is not quite over.
- Responsible statesmen and stateswomen are not merely free, as sovereign rulers, to act in an expedient way.
- He frequently dined out and, over the years, entertained a great variety of guests, from fellow impressionist artists to statesmen.
- Northcliffe travelled widely and consorted freely with statesmen and politicians not to mention royalty.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.