In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de un extremo al otro del estado
- The ticketing system stutters under the statewide pressure at football finals time and it is pot luck about how good your seats will be.
- The statewide manager stalked through the aisles menacingly, not speaking a word to Ed and Tony.
- DeLuca said he is trying to put together a statewide committee that would examine the issue.
- Mounting a statewide testing system is a task beyond the capacity of most state departments of education.
- There are no standards that have been utilized statewide or even countywide.
- Florida Banks Inc. is a holding company for a statewide community banking system.
- What's your view of how the state - how are you doing statewide in other elections, in the House?
- Accomplishing these goals in a statewide system as large and diverse as ours is no small accomplishment.
- At this level, it's only been a statewide investigation, but it's going to get federal.
- Our hope is you'll see consolidation of that money so we can have a complete statewide overview.
- Dr. George Bilicic says it is because he backed a bill to create a new statewide community college system.
- A statewide criminal check may make the most sense for employees who live and go to school in one state.
- When the bill passed, its opponents decided to kill it by bringing it to a statewide referendum.
- The race was still too close to call because provisional ballots statewide have not been counted.
- There was some talk last year in Florida about taking similar statewide measures.
- I don't think the court really likes to order a statewide executive officer of any kind.
- A statewide health campaign has movie theaters showing spots that promote fitness.
- The New Jersey State Senate voted last week to eliminate its statewide Poet Laureate position.
- The next scheduled statewide election after March is nearly a year from now.
- Steele is the first African-American ever elected to statewide office in my home state.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.