In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(writing materials)artículos de papelería masculineartículos de escritorio masculine
- Pupils at Waddon Infants could also see class sizes increase, and less money available to spend on essential materials such as books and stationery.
- At Waltons, a office furnishings and stationery company in Beach Road, Woodstock, a parking lot was flooded.
- And as well as designer stationery there is a range of highly affordable invitation and thank-you card sets available ready to buy.
- Full support, training and stationery products are available.
- Other stationery companies, leather goods manufacturers and upmarket pen manufacturers are the kind of businesses in the firm's sights.
- The department has urged learners to use books and stationery from last year until new materials are delivered.
- The office stationery cupboard is like a sweet shop.
- The school had contacted the district office last week to be told that stationery would be delivered this week.
- We're not running most of the replies, because we don't have enough asterisks in the office stationery cupboard to make them safe for work.
- Star Office Choice has the most comprehensive range of stationery and office supplies in Lismore and Casino.
- Office stationery cupboards used to be crammed with reams of carbon paper sold to gullible secretaries by pushy salesmen during the lunch hour when the boss was out.
- Given the predominance of the government offices, it would probably be a good time to be a printer of letterhead stationery.
- There is also a reception area, ten private offices, a stationery room, a store room and a tea-station on this floor.
- Holomisa also condemned the Eastern Cape government's failure to supply stationery to 200 students in Maluti.
- Half way through the show we encounter another, similar series devoted to piles of office stationery.
- Today the cards are sold in ten stationery stores and bookstores in Atlanta.
- Because he was subsidising his office stationery bill by being more entrepreneurial than the rules allowed.
- Smith's stranglehold on the high street stationery market has not, however, always gone unchallenged.
- They can claim for such things as staff wages, office space, stationery, travel costs and accommodation.
- Littered among the debris was the gruesome sight of body parts, pieces of luggage and office stationery.
2(writing paper)papel y sobres de carta masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.