In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We can use statistical methods to analyse historic data and describe the variation.
- He lectured and assisted with tutorial sessions and began to take an interest in statistical ideas.
- It mostly seems to be used in an attempt to get statistical mathematics to do your thinking for you.
- He has written on stochastic geometry and its applications, and the statistical theory of shape.
- One way in which this can occur is when a statistical technique known as factor analysis is employed.
- At the time of his death, his authority in German statistical circles was unrivalled.
- An indicator variable for wave of survey was entered into all multivariate statistical analyses.
- I soon found out that the German statistical literature did not offer too many ideas.
- Somewhere along the line the truth had been buried, a statistical error made and a lie perpetuated.
- All data were tested to determine if they met the assumptions of parametric statistical analysis.
- This may represent a type I statistical error, despite the large sample size.
- For statistical comparisons between the groups the Wilcoxon rank sum test was used.
- He used his statistical expertise to develop a method to estimate aircraft vulnerability.
- In this paper we use statistical techniques to examine data from two randomised controlled trials.
- He attended Pearson's lectures and learnt how to go about statistical research.
- It was at the Ministry of Agriculture that Kendall became involved in statistical work.
- To perform statistical comparisons, we grouped monthly data together within each period.
- We can now use the statistical arguments of the last section on each individual row.
- As for statistical evidence, this would be much more valuable if it was more specific.
- All statistical computations were done using the Statistical Analysis System.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.