In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estadístico masculineestadística feminine
- From 1929 to 1945 he worked as a statistician with the Bureau of Statistics.
- His first post was as a statistician with the United Nations, a post he held from 1954 until 1962.
- Since Victorian times, statisticians have largely relied on a very simple statistic - an average - to rank cricketers.
- Some statisticians bend statistics not because of logistical problems but to promote certain values or products.
- Teams of mathematicians, statisticians, meteorologists, and structural engineers compile the figures.
- Psychometricians and other statisticians believe that what we know scientifically is only known with a certain probability.
- The statistician who did the analysis was blinded to group and treatment.
- Should only statisticians be allowed to handle statistical evidence?
- An independent statistician prepared the randomisation envelopes using a computer based random number generator.
- So if the statisticians are undercounting labor, productivity may be less impressive than advertised.
- Because ecological correlations often seem surprisingly high, some statisticians and social scientists think they should be devalued in some way.
- At Cambridge more statisticians were taken on within Mathematics and a Statistical Laboratory was set up within the Mathematics Faculty in 1949.
- The investigations are believed to be highly complex and involve experts in toxicology, diabetes and orthopaedics as well as statisticians.
- He returned to London, taking up a post as a statistician in the Mercantile and General Investment Company.
- Blinding the research assistant collecting the baseline data and the statistician analysing the data to the group allocation reduced potential bias.
- From there to the end, the game was of statistical interest only… for Moorefield statisticians only of course.
- The actual randomisation was provided to the statistician only at the final analysis.
- The survey was repeated the following year, and statisticians and psychologists performed even more detailed analyses of the data.
- She worked as a statistician in the Central Statistics Office.
- If you suspect a problem but cannot meet this criterion, recommend further review by an expert statistician.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.