In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He applied mathematical statistics to economics, using nonparametric methods.
- Fréchet also made important contributions to statistics, probability and calculus.
- It is difficult to know how much, because the Government simply does not collect statistics on it.
- After only a year at Sussex, Kingman was promoted to a chair of mathematics and statistics in 1966.
- Each year the Home Office collects and publishes statistics on the numbers and species of animals used.
- Brignell's book is a handy demolition of the science and statistics behind this epidemic of epidemiology.
- His main research topics were number theory, probability theory and mathematical statistics.
- Wald was working on statistics and probability and he persuaded Lukacs to take an interest in this topic too.
- Aitken's mathematical work was in statistics, numerical analysis, and algebra.
- Bortkiewicz was critical of the approach of Karl Pearson to statistics.
- This paper is perhaps the first application of probability to social statistics.
- No centralized statistics are collected on the use of these powers.
- Data can be stored and interpreted using wavelets, probability and statistics.
- Pillai's research was in statistics, in particular in multivariate statistical analysis.
- Network providers collect statistics and send alarms when there is a drop in service.
- Eurostat is the organisation responsible for collecting and selling statistics and data about the EU.
- Wyllie left Newcastle University in 1980 with a degree in computing science and statistics.
- After the Second World War, van Dantzig changed topics and worked on probability and statistics.
- He, as Poisson and Condorcet did, applied probability to legal statistics.
- The briefing was about the issue of how immigration statistics are collected.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.