In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1persona casera femininepersona hogareña feminine(person) (before noun) casero(person) (before noun) hogareño
- Gray became a stay-at-home mum with a part-time job.
- The stay-at-home mother of two says she's leaning towards the Government over Labor because of the changes to the tax threshold.
- Men like her character because she's a stay-at-home mom.
- I've always envisioned him as an excellent stay-at-home parent.
- A family with a stay-at-home parent would be strongly recommended.
- However, she graduated with a liberal arts degree and was perfectly contented to be a stay-at-home mother of three children till they left for college.
- Mr Moyles probably thinks his stay-at-home lifestyle makes him stand out from the celebrity crowd.
- Men in full time jobs trade off the privilege of having the lengthy, intimate moments with their children that a stay-at-home mother has.
- My mother was the catering manager for Butlins, so while she disappeared for a couple of months every summer, the rest of the year she was a stay-at-home mum.
- I'd rather be the offspring of a lawyer and a stay-at-home mom.
- I'm not sick enough to justify Iain leaving work, but if I weren't a stay-at-home parent, I'd have called in sick myself.
- In this week of loserness, I've tasted the life of a stay-at-home mum (without the gross kids, of course).
- I like being a stay-at-home dad who still works.
- Now you're all conflicted about whether to stick with your stay-at-home lifestyle or follow this crazy person into the wild.
- Since I'm mostly a stay-at-home dad, I only want something part time.
- Although he said he always wanted a stay-at-home wife to support his upward trajectory, this year Jools has also stepped into the showbusiness spotlight.
- Though she's clearly cut out for marriage and motherhood the busy star has no intention of being a stay-at-home mum.
- A stay-at-home dad for much of his writing career, one day he discovered the original manuscript of Headhunter scribbled over with crayon.
- Mr Richards was a stay-at-home father, a single parent to Joshua.
- I am not registered unemployed as I am a stay-at-home mother.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.