In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- sexually transmitted disease
- The facility allows long distance calls within the State and Pondicherry to be made from phones not provided with the subscriber trunk dialling facility.
- Each of our hotel rooms is provided with bath/shower, WC, cable-TV, radio, mini-bar and subscriber trunk dialling telephone.
- The Meter No. l9, when connected to a subscriber's line, will indicate to the subscriber the number of charge units which have been registered on his meter in the exchange when subscriber trunk dialling is in operation.
- From then on this sector sees rapid development moving from subscriber trunk dialling, international direct dialling, internet and e-mail using cable and satellite communications.
- The number of pay phones installed totalled 19,230, of which 7,555 were for STD (subscriber trunk dialling) and ISD (international subscriber dialling), while the remaining 11,675 were for local calls.
- Subscriber Trunk Dialling
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.