In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Research has focused on developing methods to reduce or eliminate the potential for restenosis, including drug-eluting stents and radiation therapy.
- This unique metal has already proven useful in such medical applications as catheter guidewires, stents, and microsurgery tools.
- Sometimes, the fatty plaques start to develop again inside the stent.
- Complications, however, included migration of the stent, occlusion of the stent and obstructions of the cystic duct.
- A ureteral stent was placed to relieve the obstruction.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.