- This unique metal has already proven useful in such medical applications as catheter guidewires, stents, and microsurgery tools.
- A ureteral stent was placed to relieve the obstruction.
- Research has focused on developing methods to reduce or eliminate the potential for restenosis, including drug-eluting stents and radiation therapy.
- Complications, however, included migration of the stent, occlusion of the stent and obstructions of the cystic duct.
- Sometimes, the fatty plaques start to develop again inside the stent.