In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- She ate healthfully again and started walking and in-line skating in addition to weight training and step aerobics.
- At the gym, I took advantage of all the activities that were available: step aerobics, swimming, biking and kick-boxing.
- However, a recent and interesting find in our laboratory indicated that intense step aerobics was a great complement to a whole-body weight training program and provided maximum calorie burn in minimal time.
- The centre also holds classes in power aerobics, step aerobics, tae bo, and kick boxing.
- I do step aerobics three times a week, and a lot of walking at the weekends.
- Study participants were enrolled in an aerobic conditioning program consisting of step aerobics three times a week for 10 weeks.
- Adults, too, can take part in organised activities, from step aerobics to archery.
- After losing 20 pounds in four months, Randi was bored with the stair climber and joined the YMCA, where she started weight training and took fitness classes, such as step aerobics and cycling.
- For the first month, simply increase your activity level so that you're in the habit of exercising five or six days a week, whether it's swimming, volleyball or step aerobics.
- These changes, along with regular exercise, which I did in the form of step aerobics and weight training with a personal trainer, started my weight loss.
- This kind of exercise includes step aerobics, running, jogging, tennis, squash, football, hockey, volleyball and most team sports.
- Attempts at integrating electronic games with aerobics, such as step aerobics and cycling, have never really taken off - more than likely due to the accompanying game not being fun.
- Swimming, cycling, power walking, running and step aerobics will tone up your gluteus maximus nicely.
- Plus, you can get a more well-rounded fitness program - video and DVD offerings include step aerobics, cardio dance, strength training, Pilates, yoga workouts and more.
- Taylor also suggests avoiding back-taxing moves such as deadlifts, deep squats and lunges, as well as step aerobics and cardio kickboxing.
- I've done running, step aerobics and kickboxing, but I've seen the most changes in my body as a result of weight training.
- The class includes general aerobic exercise, step aerobics and pelvic floor exercises.
- An example would be a cardio circuit that alternates 3 minutes of step aerobics, followed by 3 minutes of jump rope, followed by 3 minutes of cardio boxing.
- Go for long, brisk walks and do other cardio activities you enjoy, such as step aerobics or bicycling.
- After I added step aerobics and weight-training videos, the weight started coming off faster.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.