In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(label)etiqueta feminine(with slogan etc) pegatina feminine(with slogan etc) adhesivo masculine
- They are more interested in providing information on coming events and on how to print stickers.
- I enter the lift and am about to press the button for the 8th floor when I notice the no smoking stickers placed adjacent to some of the buttons, including the 8th.
- After putting my tomatoes on the scale, I pressed the button for tomatoes, and it printed out a little sticker for my bag with weight and price on it.
- That's when I noticed the little sticker on the window explaining the purpose of the ‘Child Safety Lock’.
- On the paper covering the back of the print was a sticker with her name in English.
- The yellow sticker is a defect notice, indicating that the car fails to satisfy the roadworthy standards for the state.
- As a general rule, the mindset of a particular individual can be determined by counting the sheer quantity of stickers located on their vehicle.
- He issued a statement to party representatives saying that he had taken the decision to print the stickers to enable election officials to identify genuine poll cards.
- I noticed that the sticker I gave him, rather than getting stuffed in a pocket to become forgotten or disposed of, was still resting on the table next to his right hand.
- The first thing I noticed is a yellow sticker on right part of the dashboard in the taxi I took.
- The license terms can be printed on the sticker or the shrink wrap or be viewable through the shrink wrap as in software packaging.
- People took away posters, leaflets and stickers advertising the demonstration.
- They even printed up stickers with the list of included games and attached them to the packaging for each system.
- He had yet to notice the price sticker still on his briefcase.
- Myself, I have been meaning for some time now to print up stickers that look something like this.
- Additionally, the expiration date is being printed directly on the card now that validation stickers are no longer being used.
- In addition, the kit includes pigments and other substances needed to create real crayons, chalk, clay, paints and adhesive stickers.
- However, he suggested that the campaign stickers be printed in bright colors.
- The sticker was an official notice stating that the car had been reported as abandoned and that it would be towed away in seven days.
- We think we will be able to achieve this effect with the newly printed stickers too.
2British informal(person)persona tenaz femininepersona perseverante feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.