In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The prisoners have become a major sticking point to progress on the US-backed road map peace plan.
- This rule will actually be a sticking point in the negotiation of the next collective agreement leading to a lockout.
- However, a few key sticking points remain, including a condition that the developer maintain public facilities until the final stage of the development.
- Labour's favoured party is the Greens, but that free trade agreement with China is a sticking point.
- Today in court after the attorneys on both sides hammered out some of the last-minute issue sticking points late last night into this morning and into this afternoon, they finally were able to reach a settlement.
- The key sticking points are still agriculture and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.
- They're still incredibly big and when it goes to public consultation they are going to be the sticking points.
- Two key sticking points remain: Voting rights and the size and composition of the European Commission.
- While the sticking points remain the immigration concerns, as well as chain of command concerns, we're told that discussions are continuing to center now on the chain of command issues.
- Start the advanced routine only when you hit a sticking point in your general progress.
- The more I think about it, the more it strikes me that the summit amounts to an opportunity to straighten out some key sticking points.
- Progress toward a truce was slowed by many minor sticking points.
- This time the environment is shaping up as a key sticking point, due to concerns that some nations may use it as a protectionist measure.
- Every country has parties opposed to greater European integration, or nationalist sticking points which stand in the way of ratification - and one of them is almost certain to win some time.
- Inside, diplomats said a failure to resolve sticking points before the six-day talks end today would jeopardise the chances of a deal next year freeing up global business in farm and industrial goods and services.
- The major sticking points remain the same: budget authority for the newly create post of national intelligence director and immigration reform.
- Despite sticking points, the talks did seemed to be progressing.
- It affords a temporary sticking point in the forward progress of evolution…
- The new draft constitution was reportedly finished just before the deadline, but all parties must now resolve their sticking points within the next three days.
- But two key sticking points remained: the power to proscribe associations and the reversed onus of proof.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.