In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1atraco masculineasalto masculine
- Ironically, banks probably lose more money to inside jobs than over the counter stick-ups.
- Their slapstick stick-ups keep escalating till they realize that all of Dick's former co-workers have also turned to a similar life of crime.
- Together this Bonnie and Clyde of the Valley held up gas stations and liquor stores, stick-ups that got him a jail sentence and Sill nine months in a girls' reform school where she learnt to play the church organ.
- He stormed in brandishing his weapon and bellowed at staff and customers, including a rather shocked police officer, that a stick-up was under way.
- In Pulp Fiction, Tarantino snapped his various episodes into alignment with the framing device of the restaurant stick-up, in which violence was averted and at least one character found redemption.
- The opening shot, a stunning long take from a fixed camera, dispassionately observes the fumbling stick-up of a jewelry store.
- It would bring me back to my criminal roots and culminate my career; it would remind me how I climbed from muggings to stick-ups to hold-ups to armed robbery to the grandest of larceny.
- But something tells me that the federal sentencing standards are tougher on Post Office robberies than supermarket stick-ups.
- He got away clean in many of his other stick-ups.
- All right, people, stay on the ground… this is a stick-up.
- He walks up to a teller and announces a stick-up.
- And you've got to look to see if there are other individuals that partook of some parts of the crime spree itself- you know, maybe armed stick-ups.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.