In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cinta pegante femininecinta dúrex feminine Latin America trademarkcinta scotch feminine Latin America trademarkcinta ce(l)lo feminine Spain
- They are sculptures made only of sticky tape.
- Use sticky tape to pick up the remaining powder, and put the tape in the sealed container.
- The design fault here was the sticky tape went over their lips so they couldn't speak!
- We intend to test two or three brands of double-sided sticky tape and report the results later.
- Then place another piece of sticky tape on top of the first again with the sticky side down and with a tab as a handle.
- When conventional sticky tape is pulled off of a surface, cracks spread through the adhesive away from the point where the tape is being detached.
- One technique that's super easy and effective is to use sticky tape.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.